It’s all about Jesus
Reaching Out With You
Reaching the Quad Cities
Every week, we sow into the lives of our congregation, from newborns to the elderly. At Starting Point Church, there’s something for everyone.
Adventure Kids meets every Sunday morning at 10:10 for fun playing games, singing songs, hanging out, working on crafts, doing science experiments, learning about the Bible, Jesus and our world in a safe, loving environment!
Wednesdays from 5:30 - 7 pm, our pre-teens and teens, grades 6-12, get together for an evening of righteous fun! Food, games and great teaching are all part of the menu.
Let’s be honest: most things are more fun when enjoyed with friends. The way that we accomplish that is not through sitting in rows on Sunday morning, but by circling up in homes, coffee houses and office buildings all around Prescott. We believe that sustained life change takes place best within the context of community.
Reaching the World
Missions with David and Lisa Hinman
In the past three years David has coached and trained over 1,200 church and ministry leaders in a missional approach that utilizes Disciple Making Movement (DMM) strategies. This ministry has taken him to Africa, Mexico, and Central & South America. He also serves as the S.W Regional Representative for Multiply Vineyard and the U.S. Representative to Africa for Vineyard Missions.
Lissa has been in pastoral ministry for twenty years, and has served as a hospice chaplain for about seven years. She is passionate about helping people experience the Love of God. Encountering Jesus is a must for her, and she hopes to help others be who God created them to be. She has been a church planter as well as a staff pastor serving in various capacities from an executive pastor role to temporary youth pastor and everything in between.
David and Lissa have three adult children (Jordan, Joy and Joelle) who are all married and two grandchildren who all reside in Denver.
Giving Hope to Young People
Hano and Leah Vargas
Hano and Leah are full time missionaries in Ensenada, Mexico. Through Youth With a Mission (YWAM) they are able to EMPOWER other believers and IMPACT the lives of non-believers all while developing a more intimate relationship with the Lord.
This couple is bringing transformation and helps impact the city through Homes of Hope (HOH). Building homes for the poor is their main focus and passion. Building homes for families helps benefit the following 5 areas:
- Economic: Having a debt free home helps leverage families out of poverty.
- Education: Children are more likely to attend and stay in school without the distractions and obstacles that come with homelessness.
- Health: Disease, injury and physical ailments from exposure are significantly lessened.
- Transformed thinking: A home provides a safe and welcoming environment for families to invite others in and demonstrate hospitality to their community.
- Spiritual impact: The gift of a home is a practical demonstration of God’s love for a family. Families who receive a home are inspired to respond by giving back to others in need, leading to transformed communities.
In addition to their involvement in HOH they are also serving in the following ways:
- Vida Rehab Center – Hano was enrolled at this rehab center as a teenager and became a Christian while there because missionaries came and shared the gospel with him. In the same way he was impacted this couple wants to bring the good news to men and women recovering from addiction and sharing hope through testimonies.
- Circulo Andante – Investing in the local youth to inspire lifelong learners and followers of Christ.
- Discipleship Training School (DTS) – Bringing young people into a more intimate relationship with God and giving them an opportunity to discover their passions and the purpose God has for them in the world.
Providing Spiritual Direction
Steve Pare is a trained Spiritual Director through Sustainable Faith’s School of Spiritual Direction and is a member of both Spiritual Directors International (SDI) and the Evangelical Spiritual Directors Association (ESDA). The goal of spiritual direction is to help people develop a deeper relationship with God and better discern the action of the Holy Spirit in their lives. Spiritual direction sessions are typically an hour once a month for $50. There is no cost for the initial consultation. He is available to meet in person, by phone or via Skype or Zoom. Learn more on his website.
Hope Ventures works to train and equip local partners to cultivate sustainable incomes and thriving relationships that lead to communities that flourish. Their vision is to inspire and launch 1000 passionate entrepreneurs into the world’s great need with sustainable expressions of hope and transformation. Visit hopeventures.org to learn more about Hope Ventures and the ministry work they do to help the marginalized and underserved in various countries. Be sure to read some of the uplifting testimonials too!